In my 40's I made the transition from playing classical guitar professionally to working with clay. I had always been intrigued by the aura of a good large pot. Beyond its evocation of antiquity, it emanates a quality of presence that offers comfort, sustenance, and inspiration.
I was surprised to find that the same essential questions I dealt with as a musician defined my explorations in clay: What makes one gesture moving, but a similar one impotent? Why does a particular line evoke delight, awe, tears, or joy? How is it that the presence of the art inflects or even transforms the space it occupies? Mysteries such as these keep me at the wheel day after day, year after year.
I am endlessly fascinated by the power and resonance of the forms themselves, and I have been honored to have my work in leading art fairs, museum shows, and private collections across the Northeastern US and beyond.
Solo and group shows
• 2023 SculptureNow group show at The Mount National Historic Site (Lenox, MA)
• 2021 Harbor Square Gallery group show (Rockland, ME)
• 2018 NE Sculptors Association group show at Massachusetts Horticultural
• Society/ Elm Bank (Wellesley, MA)
• 2017 AVA Gallery and Art Center solo show (Lebanon, NH)
• 2017 Landmark College Series exhibition (Putney, VT)
• 2016 Wesleyan Potters Holiday Show (Middletown, CT)
• 2016 Blithewold Mansion and Arboretum solo show: Destinations and
• Sanctuaries (Bristol, RI)